Nebula Multiplayer Mod
An open-source, multiplayer mod for the game Dyson Sphere Program.
Where can I get mod support?
Please join our Discord Server and ask your question in the
General channel. We have a really nice community that will be able to answer your questions.
How can I play this mod?
Please do keep in mind that this mod is still in heavy development, it may still contains bugs.
- Stable version of the mod can be downloaded from Thunderstore (Recommended).
- If you want to install the latest version of the mod, you can install pre-release versions be following the installation guide.
This mod has an API, that makes it easier for other mod developers to make their mods compatible with Nebula. If you are a mod developer and you want your mods to be compatible, follow the instructions here. Also you can always join our Discord Server for help with using the API.
What is the current status?
The mod is in very early stages of development and still in a proof of concept state. Major refactors will happen while the project grows. Join the Discord Server if you want to see to latest state of our development.
Here is a short list of what is currently implemented
- [x] Server / Client communication
- [x] Custom Multiplayer menu in-game
- [x] Player Movement syncing on Planet
- [x] Player Movement syncing in Space
- [x] Player VFX syncing (jetpack, torch, ...)
- [x] Player SFX syncing (footsteps sound, torch sound, ...)
- [x] Players have different colors
- [x] Game Time syncing
- [x] Universe settings syncing
- [x] Client planet loading from server
- [x] Planet vegetation mining syncing
- [x] Planet resources syncing
- [x] Build preview syncing
- [x] Entity creation syncing
- [x] Entity desctruction syncing
- [x] Entity upgrade syncing
- [x] Dyson spheres syncing
- [x] Researches syncing
- [x] Factories statistics syncing
- [x] Containers inventory syncing
- [x] Building Interaction syncing
- [x] Belts syncing
- [x] Dropped items syncing
- [x] Interstellar Station syncing
- [x] Drones position syncing
- [x] Foundation syncing (terrain deformation)
- [x] Server state persistence
- [x] Power network syncing
How can I contribute?
Please join our Discord Server to ask if someone is already working on the task that you want to do. Once, you are done with your modification, simply submit a pull request. Contribution documentation can be found here: Wiki.
How can I support the team?
If you like what we do and would like to support us, you can donate through our Patreon. Thanks for the support <3
- @starfish: Added WarningSystem syncing
- @PhantomGamers: Fixed case of NRE when arriving on another planet
- @PhantomGamers: Fixed issue where Universe Exploration tech would break while in a multiplayer game
- @sp00ktober: gracefully tell older nebula versions that there is a mod version missmatch.
- @sp00ktober: fix planet detail ui stuck in lobby mode while in game.
- @starfish: fix jaggy remote player movement
- @sp00ktober: Added Lobby feature where you can preview solar systems and choose your birth planet.
- @starfi5h, @PhantomGamers: Fixed issue where research removed by clients would not be synced.
- @starfi5h: Added syncing of ray receiver output
- @starfi5h: Fixed lighting of remote players
- @starfi5h: Fixed clients receiving duplicate items when cancelling manual research
- @sp00ktober: Fixed error caused by warning system introduced in previous update
- @PhantomGamers: Fixed compatibility with DSP 0.8.23.9989
- @sp00ktober: adjusted mod to be compatible with game version 0.8.23
- @PhantomGamers: Fixed error when upgrading blueprint previews.
- @sp00ktober: Added hotfix to prevent error caused by ILS ships
- @sp00ktober: Fixed issue where the host would render buildings placed by players on other planets on his current planet.
- @starfi5h: Fixed research desync issues
- @sp00ktober: Fixed error when client upgrades buildings on different planet from the host.
- @PhantomGamers: Fixed compatibility with DSP 0.8.22.9331+
- @phantomgamers: Fixed instance where error would trigger by loading saves made on earlier Nebula versions. WARNING: All previous client inventory and position data will be lost! (should be for the last time!)
- @phantomgamers: Fixed error that was triggered by the client loading a planet after traveling to a different planetary system
- @phantomgamers: Fixed error that was triggered by the client warping outside of a planetary system
- @starfi5h: Added syncing of solar sails and rockets when client does not have the planet they originated from loaded.
- @sp00ktober: Implemented smooth loading of factories for clients (fixed clients phasing through planet when flying too fast)
- Fixed error when loading saves that were created before 0.6.0. WARNING: All previous client inventory and position data will be lost!
- Improved compatibility with GigaStations mod (thanks to @kremnev8)
- Removed extraneous dlls that were mistakenly included in the previous release
- Now supports DSP version 0.8.22.8915+ (thanks to @starfi5h!)
- Fixed statistics syncing (thanks to @starfi5h)
- Fixed audio playing for all players when pasting building settings and warping (thanks to @starfi5h)
- Added syncing for footstep and landing sounds (thanks to @starfi5h)
- Fixed cases where a multiplayer session could hang on the player joining screen.
- Fixed issue where foundations built by clients would not sync to other clients.
- Fixed issue where the user would not be informed if they were kicked due to a mod mismatch.
- Enabled pausing in Multiplayer when no clients are connected. (thanks to @starfi5h)
- Now supports DSP version 0.8.21.8562+ (also thanks to @starfi5h!)
- Mecha color configuration has been removed from the options in favor of the new option in the Mecha panel
- Added API that enables other mods to sync over multiplayer! (Big thanks to @kremnev8!)
- Fixed a bug that caused sorters to break when a client built a belt under preexisting sorters.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the client getting an error after disconnecting from a game that the host left.
- Refactored session architecture (big changes to codebase but should be seamless to users)
- Nebula now supports DSP version 0.8.20.7962+
- Fixed issue where if client didn't have enough items to upgrade, the buildings would still be upgraded for the host.
- Clients will now retain their detail display settings between sessions (e.g. power grid visibility) (thanks to @Needix)
- Fixed issue where players would be able to construct buildings made with blueprints even if they did not have the required items.
- Fixed miscellaneous issues related to ILS ship movement
- Fixed error related to host building foundations while on a different planet from the client
- Added support for blueprint update (0.8.x)
- Improved player name tag rendering
- Fixed newly introduced multithread issues
- initial release on thunderstore