Nebula Multiplayer Mod
An open-source, multiplayer mod for the game Dyson Sphere Program.
Where can I get mod support?
Please join our Discord Server and ask your question in the
General channel. We have a really nice community that will be able to answer your questions.
How can I play this mod?
Please do keep in mind that this mod is still in heavy development, it may still contains bugs.
- Stable version of the mod can be downloaded from Thunderstore (Recommended).
- If you want to install the latest version of the mod, you can install pre-release versions be following the installation guide.
This mod has an API, that makes it easier for other mod developers to make their mods compatible with Nebula. If you are a mod developer and you want your mods to be compatible, follow the instructions here. Also you can always join our Discord Server for help with using the API.
What is the current status?
The mod is in very early stages of development and still in a proof of concept state. Major refactors will happen while the project grows. Join the Discord Server if you want to see to latest state of our development.
Here is a short list of what is currently implemented
- [x] Server / Client communication
- [x] Custom Multiplayer menu in-game
- [x] Player Movement syncing on Planet
- [x] Player Movement syncing in Space
- [x] Player VFX syncing (jetpack, torch, ...)
- [x] Player SFX syncing (footsteps sound, torch sound, ...)
- [x] Players have different colors
- [x] Game Time syncing
- [x] Universe settings syncing
- [x] Client planet loading from server
- [x] Planet vegetation mining syncing
- [x] Planet resources syncing
- [x] Build preview syncing
- [x] Entity creation syncing
- [x] Entity desctruction syncing
- [x] Entity upgrade syncing
- [x] Dyson spheres syncing
- [x] Researches syncing
- [x] Factories statistics syncing
- [x] Containers inventory syncing
- [x] Building Interaction syncing
- [x] Belts syncing
- [x] Dropped items syncing
- [x] Interstellar Station syncing
- [x] Drones position syncing
- [x] Foundation syncing (terrain deformation)
- [x] Server state persistence
- [x] Power network syncing
How can I contribute?
Please join our Discord Server to ask if someone is already working on the task that you want to do. Once, you are done with your modification, simply submit a pull request. Contribution documentation can be found here: Wiki.
How can I support the team?
If you like what we do and would like to support us, you can donate through our Patreon. Thanks for the support <3
- Fixed statistics syncing (thanks to @starfi5h)
- Fixed audio playing for all players when pasting building settings and warping (thanks to @starfi5h)
- Added syncing for footstep and landing sounds (thanks to @starfi5h)
- Fixed cases where a multiplayer session could hang on the player joining screen.
- Fixed issue where foundations built by clients would not sync to other clients.
- Fixed issue where the user would not be informed if they were kicked due to a mod mismatch.
- Enabled pausing in Multiplayer when no clients are connected. (thanks to @starfi5h)
- Now supports DSP version 0.8.21.8562+ (also thanks to @starfi5h!)
- Mecha color configuration has been removed from the options in favor of the new option in the Mecha panel
- Added API that enables other mods to sync over multiplayer! (Big thanks to @kremnev8!)
- Fixed a bug that caused sorters to break when a client built a belt under preexisting sorters.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the client getting an error after disconnecting from a game that the host left.
- Refactored session architecture (big changes to codebase but should be seamless to users)
- Nebula now supports DSP version 0.8.20.7962+
- Fixed issue where if client didn't have enough items to upgrade, the buildings would still be upgraded for the host.
- Clients will now retain their detail display settings between sessions (e.g. power grid visibility) (thanks to @Needix)
- Fixed issue where players would be able to construct buildings made with blueprints even if they did not have the required items.
- Fixed miscellaneous issues related to ILS ship movement
- Fixed error related to host building foundations while on a different planet from the client
- Added support for blueprint update (0.8.x)
- Improved player name tag rendering
- Fixed newly introduced multithread issues
- initial release on thunderstore